At Cleves Cross we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
At Cleves Cross, the views, wishes and feelings of the child, and the child’s parents is paramount. The importance of the child, and the child’s parents, participating as fully as possible in decisions, and being provided with the information and support necessary to enable participation in those decisions is at the centre of the entire SEND process.
The need to support the child, and the child’s parents, in order to facilitate the development of the child and to help them achieve the best possible educational and other outcomes, preparing them effectively for adulthood.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.